Welcome to the web pages of Saint Joseph Parish serving the historic West End and Beacon Hill neighborhoods of the great city of Boston. Saint Joseph Parish provides so much to so many, all by the grace and life of God our Father and in the name of His Son, our Lord Jesus Christ. Our beautiful and reverent celebration of the Mass is made more so by the faithful and active participation of all present. Both the daily and Sunday celebration of the Mass provides an oasis of grace and faith for not only parishioners but for those who work in the city and for those tourists who may be traveling from other parts of the world. It is through the Eucharist that we can accomplish the other works of service and mercy that so define our Catholic tradition. Each day, through the grace of Christ we try to build this holy place of Saint Joseph into a monument of what it means to be prayerfully and generously worthy of the promises of Christ- all in the middle of a public square often alive with voices calling folks elsewhere. As you navigate through these pages, please know that all at Saint Joseph Parish welcome you and pray for you daily.
10 AM - 12PM, 1PM-3PM, or by appointment.
- Ongoing Daily Reflection - Navigate to "Daily Reflection" from the menu at the top of the home page or click here.
- A Faith that does Justice presents: The weekly word Each week, the group publishes a teaching by a faith leader on issues of spirituality and social justice to help readers live their faiths more fully. This week's word: The Spiritual exercises of Ignatius Loyola - the Kingdom of Christ. If you'd like to sign up to automatically receive the next "Weekly Word" in your email inbox, you can do so at their website by following this link.
- Mother's Grief retreat, November 2-3:
Catholic Charities provides a weekend of healing, grief and loss services, self-care and skill-building for mothers who have lost their child to addiction. This retreat will be at the MIramar Retreat Center in Duxbury. For more information, contact Sister Maryadele Robinson: Phone - 339-440-0859 Email: [email protected]
-Ignatian Spirituality Project presents: Raising our Voices for Hope, Sat November 9th at 7 PM
A musical fundraiser featuring the Archdiocese Black Catholic Choir to support the Ignatian Spirituality Project: Spiritual Retreats to end Homelessness. Here at St. Joseph Parish Hall. Free-will offering at admission//registration at tiny.cc/ispboston2019
Local Happenings/Historical Sites/Attractions
- Stroll over to 24 School St, across from Old City Hall. The site of the first Catholic Church building and first legislatively sanctioned public Catholic Mass, celebrated by Abbe' dela Poterie (a former French naval chaplain).
- Boston Public Library - Copley Square, free guided tours M 2:30, Tues and Thurs 6 PM. Wed, Fri and Sat 11 AM , Sun at 2 PM. Located at 700 Boylston St. (departs at Dartmouth St Lobby). For more info, call 617-536-5400.
Regular Weekend Mass
Saturday Vigil 4:00PM
Sunday at 9:00AM and 11:30AM
Sacrament of Reconciliation
20 minutes prior to all Masses, or any time by appointment
This September is the 30th National Recovery Month
Our Lady of Boston, pray for us!